6.16.2011

4 Tips to Help Your Creative Juices Flow

If you're a writer - whether it be blogging or otherwise - surely there have been times when the words don't come out fast enough and other times where it's hard to find the words, or think of anything to write. Even though my writing in the past has been pretty sporadic, I'm working on getting into a rhythm.

Here are some simple tricks I use to try and clear my head and get the creative juices flowing again:
  • Take a shower. This never fails. I always seem to come up with some of the best stuff while I'm just standing there naked with absolutely no way to jot stuff down. If you ever need to think of something to write about, get naked and wet - or any other predicament that makes it hard to jot something down that comes to mind.
  • Listen to music. Music can be very inspiring and can also bring with it a variety of moods and emotions.
  • Surround yourself with nature. Sit outside underneath a big tree or just plop down in a lawn chair with a notebook and pen and see what comes out.
  • Lay down to go to sleep. I've come up with a lot of great ideas just before I fall asleep. This has taught me to keep a notebook on my nightstand and also how to write in the dark.
Do you have any tips to share that help you put words to paper (or screen)?

No comments:

Post a Comment